How To Setup Gmail In Outlook
This has become a very common question now and many users of Outlook and Gmail asks this frequently that how to setup Gmail in Outlook? Outlook and Gmail are very famous services and these services are used by millions of users around the globe. There are no words for Gmail services because most of the users are using it and are getting benefitted from it. There is also a Gmail app suite which allows you to use an email at your domain. This surely makes the work easy for us and we can connect with our clients very easily. Auto configure method gives you the ability to setup Gmail in Outlook. To set up Gmail in Outlook you have to follow simple steps:-
Steps To Auto-Configure Gmail With Outlook:
- First, you have to log into your Gmail account with a proper username and password.
- Next, you have to give a click on the Gear icon and then you have select settings.
- Above your inbox section, you will find Forward and POP/IMAP section just give a click on that.
- Enable POP settings next.
- If you just have to Archive Gmail copy and save your settings.
If you are unable to understand these steps or you are facing any difficulty applying them then you can call on the Outlook Customer Support Number +1-800-596-2947. The above-written steps will set up Gmail in MS Outlook. Now you can download your messages through the POP3 protocol. If you want to have an access to your Gmail messages through IMAP method then you can just follow the first three steps above. Just remember you have to select only one method either POP or IMAP. This method is used for auto-configuring your Gmail account to Outlook. For the manual configuration of Gmail with Outlook, you have to follow some other steps. For any help and support just call on the Outlook customer care number.
Just a reminder if you have selected POP in the setting of Gmail then you will have the POP3 account and if you have selected IMAP method then your account will be configured as IMAP account. These are some steps to set up Outlook in Gmail manually.
Steps To Setup Gmail In outlook Manually:
- First, you have to go to the File menu, and from there you have to select Add An Account option.
- Next, you have to select Manually configure server settings or additional server types option.
- Hit on Next button.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen and you have to enter your name, email address and password there.
- Next, you have to select a method through which you want to proceed to configure your account and these two methods are POP and IMAP.
- For the next step, you have to select the Incoming server either pop.gmail.com or imap.gamil.com.
- Select outgoing server (SMTP) next and click on Use same settings.
- Go to the new tab and enter 995 incoming server port. If you are creating it for POP3 you have select 995 and if you are going for IMAP then click on 993.
- Next, you have to click to select the server requires an encrypted connection option.
- In the end, you have given a click on OK and you will see a message on your screen saying all the settings have been changed successfully.
These are some steps that you have to follow to configure your Gmail to Outlook. And if you are confronting any issues with your Gmail or Outlook then simply call on the toll-free Outlook Customer Support Number +1-800-596-2947.