How to Reset Apple ID Password
The Apple account is used for almost everything that you can do with Apple. Whether you want to use iTunes, iClouds, or wanted to buy an app and much more for all the things you need one Apple ID to access all Apple applications and products. Whether you are new user or old, you might know that you have been asked to create an Apple ID before you started using your Apple Gadget. Well, that ID is the primary ID that you needed it every time you wanted to access or buy any Apple online product or any app. So, remembering your ID and password is very much important if you are using Apple. If you have forgotten your Email ID or the password then follow these simple steps to Reset Apple ID Password or you can contact Apple Support Number to get instant and real-time help from Apple Executives on their toll-free number +1-800-596-2947.
How to Reset Apple ID Password?
Here are the simple steps that needed to be followed if you want to Reset Apple ID Password. The steps vary depending on the security and verification options you are using “Email Password and Security Questions, Two-factor Authentication, Two-Step Verification.
Resetting Password for Security Option “Email, Password, and Security Questions”
- Visit “Apple ID account page” and then click on “Forgot Apple ID or Password”
- If in next step it asks you to confirm your phone number then you must use “two-factor authentication” instead.
- If it doesn’t then enter your Apple ID (If you have forgotten Apple ID then I have mentioned the ID recovery steps below, kindly go through it).
- Choose how you wanted to reset your password:
- If you want to select security question then select “Answer Security Questions” and follow the shown steps.
- Select “Get an Email” option if you want to get recovery Email on your alternative Email address.
- Use “Two-Step Authentication” or “Two-Step Verification” if you have been asked for Recovery Key.
If you have successfully followed and have changed your password then it will ask you to sign in again with your new password.
If you have forgotten your Apple ID, here are the steps that you need to follow to recover your ID.
How to Recover Apple ID:
If you are recovering your ID, first of all, you must check if you have signed in one of your Apple Devices. Depending on the device here are the steps you need to follow:
How to Recover Apple ID from iPhone, iPad, or iPod:
Find your “Apple ID” in your iCloud/iTunes/App Store settings:
Go to Settings
Then [Your Name]
On iOS 10.2 or earlier versions:
Tap on settings and then iCloud.
iTunes and App Stores:
Tap on Settings then give your name and go to iTunes & App Stores.
On iOS 10.3 or earlier versions
Go to Settings and then iTunes & App Stores
- Go to the apple menu followed by system preferences and then click on iCloud.
- Again go to Apple menu and then system preferences. Then go to Internet Accounts and then find the account with iCloud.
- Firstly open iTunes, choose account then View My Account. If you have already signed in with your Apple ID then you will be able to see Account name and Email Address.
- Open the App Store, select the Store and go to View My Account.
- Go to iBooks and then select the Store and click on View My Apple ID.
- Open your FaceTime then select the preferences and click on settings.
- Open your messages and select the preferences and click on Accounts.
On Your Apple TV
- Go to Settings, click on Accounts and then iCloud.
- Open Settings and select Account then go to iTunes and App Stores
Form You PC
- Open iCloud for Windows
- Go to iTunes and choose Account and go to View My Account. If you are already signed in to iTunes with your Apple ID then you will see be able to see your Account name and Email Address.
So, these are some of the ways from where you can see your Apple ID through various devices and login accounts. If you still have not found your account ID then you can also check your purchase history of iTunes. If you have previously purchased something from iTunes then you can see the account ID that you had used, to find the ID follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open iTunes
- Click one of the purchases in the library
- Go to “Edit” and “Get Info”
- Click on the “File Tab”
- Go to “Purchased by”, after this you will be able to see the Apple ID that was used by you to purchase the item.
If you are still facing the issue restoring your Apple ID then you can contact Apple Support number, they will provide you the best Apple Support regarding any issue that you might face.
Resetting password with Two-Step Verification Method:
To know how you can reset your password using Two-Step Verification, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, go to Apple ID Account Page and click on “Forget Apple ID or Password”.
- If it asks you to confirm your phone number then you must follow steps for two-factor authentication instead.
- Now enter your Apple ID and select the option to reset the Password and then choose “Continue”
- Give your “Recovery key for two-step Verification”
- Choose a trusted device to receive the “Verification Code”
- Enter the given “Verification Code”
- Here, create the “new password” and then select “Reset Password”
Once you will set up your Verification code you will be asked to sign in to your account again. Please provide the updated password to sign into the account. If you still face the same issue then you can contact Apple Support Phone Number +1-800-596-2947 (Toll-Free). They will provide the best help with the most genuine and authentic solutions for your issue, as they are extremely skilled and experienced individuals who have deep knowledge about Apple and how to Reset Apple ID Password. The Apple Executives are available 24*7 (including holidays). Feel free to call any time and ask for the free assistance now.
Read our another post if you are facing any issues with your Apple iTunes and you need Apple iTunes Support.